PITTSBURG, CA - A fourth construction defect lawsuit has been filed in Contra Costa County Superior Court on behalf of three homeowners in the City of Pittsburg neighborhood of Highlands Ranch against West Coast Homebuilders, Inc. and Albert D. Seeno Construction Co. Three other construction defect lawsuits were filed earlier, bringing to 77 the total number of Highlands Ranch homeowners filing suit against West Coast Homebuilders and Albert D. Seeno Construction.
The lawsuits were filed on behalf of the homeowners by the Walnut Creek law firm of Kasdan Simonds Weber & Vaughan LLP.
According to the lawsuit, construction defect problems include:
• Defective windows and door installation resulting in water intrusion, rotting of drywall and damage to walls, wall coverings, carpeting, flooring and mold inside homes;
• Inadequately and defectively designed and constructed roofs, sheet metal and chimney assemblies, resulting in, among other things, water intrusion, damage to interiors and mold growth;
• Inadequately and defectively designed and installed plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems;
• Inadequately and defectively designed and constructed stucco systems;
• Defective concrete which cannot and does not withstand the corrosive soils environment in which it was placed, resulting in, among other things, deterioration of foundations and other concrete, and mold growth;
• Failure to provide durable concrete in light of environmental conditions;
• Inadequately and defectively designed and constructed foundation systems;
• Inadequately and defectively designed and constructed drainage systems;
• Architectural and other building code violations.
A firm partner of its Walnut Creek office said the plaintiffs’ homes in the Highlands Ranch neighborhood were not built in accordance with approved plans/specification, and are in violation of applicable building codes. The four lawsuits claim that the cost to correct, replace and reconstruct the defects affecting the 77 homes and property is believed to be in excess of $15.4 million.
The Kasdan Simonds law firm has offices in Northern and Southern California, and in Phoenix, AZ. The firm represents plaintiffs in major construction defect litigation, toxic mold litigation, medical product liability and commercial disputes. For more detailed information on the firm, visit www.kasdansimonds.com.